The Learning Mentor Department: The Learning Mentors
The Learning Mentors are available to support all students, helping them to overcome barriers to learning, and to support them in achieving their potential. They offer support for catch-up along with organizational support.
Miss Cavanagh - Deputy Safeguarding Lead & Lead Learning Mentor
Mr Ahmed - Learning Mentor
Mrs Begum - Learning Mentor
Mrs Campbell - Learning Mentor
Mrs Stoloff - Learning Mentor
The Learning Mentors work with students in all the following ways:
- 1:1 sessions – to discuss issues and problems in a private and confidential setting.
- Group Work – to target specific issues, such as raising self-esteem, classroom skills, behaviour management and progress interventions.
- Drop In Sessions – to offer support to any student, Learning Mentors run a Breakfast Club, break time drop in sessions, and Homework Club as well as a wide range of pop up clubs!
- Monitoring and Target Setting – We encourage and support students in monitoring their own work, behaviour and attendance, and they, with a learning mentor, set their own targets to ensure that they are challenged and supported during their school lives.
- Liaison – we act as a point of contact at work with students, their families and on occasion, any outside agency involved.
Home Learning clubs and support during break and lunch time.
- Breakfast, break, lunch and home learning clubs
- Sports clubs such as GYM, badminton, boxing & circuit training
- Arts & crafts
- Reading clubs
- Enrichment activities
- Summer school