FAO Parents and carers of Year 11 students,
On the 8th March, we shared an important assembly with students, parents and carers regarding how GCSE grades will be awarded in 2021. This summer’s grades will be based “on evidence of the standard at which students are performing” and only on material they have been taught. Further information was published on our school website under GCSEs Grading Guidance for Summer 2021 including important guidance documents by JCQ that explains the process to you. It is important that you have read this guidance carefully.
Please watch the video at the bottom of this page which explains further information about the process and about the on-line MS form that students must complete.
Each subject has identified the evidence that will be used to award a grade on an Assessment Evidence Form. These can be viewed by Year 11 students on their Frog platform.
The SDF1 Form
Every Year 11 student has been emailed a link to an on-line MS Form entitled SDF1.
Once they have viewed their subject’s Assessment Evidence Forms, all year 11 students must submit the SDF1 form by Wednesday 26th May.
Should your child wish to raise a concern that the evidence used for an assessment was affected by one of more of the circumstances below, they should complete a separate MS Form SDF2. Concerns can only be raised if one or more of the following can be evidenced:
- There was a COVID related absence due to illness (Not self-isolation)
- Access Arrangements were not put in place (for example: where your child should have had access to a scribe, a reader, or extra time added and this was not provided for an assessment).
- There are Special Circumstances, such as close family bereavement, hospitalisation or injury which impacted performance on the day of an assessment.
The SDF2 Form
Students only complete this form if they are raising a genuine concern that can be evidenced. For each concern raised, a separate SDF2 form will need to be submitted for each subject/qualification.
Before completing this form, your child must first read the Assessment Evidence Form on Frog and identify the specific Assessment ID reference it relates to. (Eg; Comp Sci1)
- You will also be asked, to provide dates, details of the circumstances and evidence to support concern.
- Any concerns raised will be considered individually by the school.
- Where we deem appropriate an evidence variation will be included.
Students and parents should watch the video about this process and what it means for them, so please discuss the contents of this letter with your child so that you can then assist them in taking any appropriate action.
The deadline for students to submit the SDF2 Form is Thursday 27th May at 6pm
Thank you for your continued support. If you have any queries or questions please take a look at our GCSEs Grading Guidance for Summer 2021 section on the website, or you can email us and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Mrs A Taylor