Dear Parent/ Carers,
I hope you all had a restful Easter break and welcome to our very first remote summer term!
We’ve all had to adapt to new ways of working, so I wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you for supporting your child’s learning during this time.
It’s definitely been a strange and challenging time, so it’s understandable if you and your child feel anxious and frustrated at the moment. We’re here for you every step of the way as we figure this all out together.
We have been working hard to plan a suitable and sustainable online learning provision for our students. In order to help your child mange their workload work will be set on the days shown below from Monday 4th May.
Design & Technology
Food Preparation & Nutrition
Business (KS4 only)
Media (KS4 only)
Photography (KS4 only)
|Modern Foreign Languages
- All work will be set on Frog to provide a central point for students to access work.
- All assignments must be named using a clear and self-explanatory title.
- All instructions must be clear and user friendly.
- The amount of work set per week is detailed in the attached guided learning document.
- There must be an opportunity for students to check their progress with work through some form of feedback.
- Work should be set and submitted according to the whole school rota to support students managing their time.
- Work should primarily focus on consolidation of prior knowledge rather that introducing large amounts of new content.
We miss having the students in school, but we must continue to follow the government’s guidance to keep everyone in our community safe. So, we’re carrying on with our current provision; setting work on Frog for all students
There is also help available to support parents and students with accessing Frog:
There are so many resources available that students can access, other that what is being set by school. Examples of some of the resources that we have seen can be found here:
Helping children and young people reach out and connect with experiences beyond their bedroom:
David Walliams is now posting a 15-minute reading every day:
Remember, if you have any concerns about helping your child learn or you need any other support from the school, please let us know by contacting school:
Telephone: 0161 622 3200
While we can’t say yet when we’ll be able to open the school fully, rest assured that we’ll continue to work hard to keep students learning and the school connected.
Mrs E. Black