I am writing to inform you that we will soon be offering COVID-19 vaccinations in your child’s school. Children who received their first COVID -19 vaccination at least 12 weeks ago will be eligible for their second COVID -19 Vaccination in school, Children who did not take up the original offer, continue to be eligible if parents consent.
The main purpose of the COVID-19 school age vaccination programme is to provide protection to the children who receive the vaccine and may help to reduce transmission of COVID-19 in the wider population.
If your child has tested positive for COVID-19, they need to wait 12 weeks before they can have a COVID vaccination. This 12 week period starts from the date of their positive PCR test.
If your child is eligible, you can now give your consent for them to receive a dose of the vaccine. Once we have your consent, we will deliver the vaccination to your child in school.
Please indicate your consent by completing the e- consent form – details on how to complete this are in the box below.
By consenting you will be helping to play your part in reducing the risk of COVID-19 spreading.
Important next steps:
- Please take time to read the Public Health England COVID-19 information available at COVID-19 vaccination – A guide for children and young people (publishing.service.gov.uk)
- If you have any questions, please contact the relevant team for your child’s school on the telephone number overleaf.
- As the COVID-19 vaccine will be delivered to your child in school, we need you to complete the online consent. Consent can only be given by a parent/guardian/adult with parental responsibility*.
- If you are unable to complete the electronic consent form, please contact the relevant team for your child’s school on the telephone number below.
* Parental responsibility consent includes: Mother; father named on the birth certificate or married to the mother; adult granted parental responsibility by the courts; adult with delegated authority consent (given by the Local Authority when children are on a care order).
Online Consent Form
The online consent form closes at 17.00 (5pm) on 2nd February 2022
- Make a note of the school code: BW105738
- Click on the following link: www.bwimmunisations.co.uk/Forms/Covid
- Enter and confirm your preferred email address – you will receive a confirmation email following submission of the consent form.
- Complete and submit the consent form, indicating your choice of consent – please ensure you provide your child’s registered address and GP.
If online consent is not completed and your child approaches the school-aged immunisation team expressing a wish to be vaccinated, we will assess your child’s ability to give their own consent. This may result in your child being vaccinated.
On the day of your child’s vaccination in school, your child will be given an information leaflet to take home and share with you.
If you give online consent for your child to have the COVID-19 vaccination and subsequently change your mind, please contact the school-aged immunisation team using the details below.
Details about your child’s vaccination will also be put on their health record and shared with their GP.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important information. Further information for parents about the COVID-19 vaccination programme for 12 to 15 year olds is available at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1018615/PHE_12073_COVID-19_parents_leaflet.pdf
Further information about the school-aged vaccination programme can be found on our NHS website, using this address: https://bridgewater.nhs.uk/immunisations/
Our dedicated website also includes information about:
- How we use and protect your information and why we sometimes need to share your data
- The different school-aged vaccination programmes we deliver
- Patient information leaflets for the vaccines we use
- The precautions being taken to reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of Covid-19 during the vaccination sessions
- Updates to any planned delivery schedule we need to change at your child’s school
If you have any questions, please contact your local School-aged Immunisation Team using the details below.
School Nursing Service
Bridgewater Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Hollinwood & Failsworth SN Team
St Chad’s Centre
Tel: 0161 470 4346
Please also view the link below for additonal information:
Letter from NHS School Nursing Service: COVID-19 vaccination for children aged 12 to 15 years of age – information for parents of children in high school aged 11 to 18 years of age – The Radclyffe School