I am writing to inform you that we will soon be offering COVID-19 vaccinations in your child’s school. I would like to ask if you wish to give your consent for your child to receive a first dose of the vaccine.
The main purpose of the COVID-19 school age vaccination programme is to provide protection to the children who receive the vaccine and may help to reduce transmission of COVID-19 in the wider population.
Once we have your consent, we will deliver the vaccination to your child in school. The school session will take place within the next few weeks.
Please indicate your consent by completing the e- consent form – details on how to complete are in the box below.
By consenting you will be helping to play your part in reducing the risk of COVID-19 spreading.
Important next steps:
1. Please take time to read the Public Health England COVID-19 information available at COVID-19 vaccination – A guide for children and young people (publishing.service.gov.uk)
2. If you have any questions, please contact the relevant team for your child’s school on the telephone number overleaf.
3. As the COVID-19 vaccine will be delivered to your child in school, we need you to complete the online consent. Consent can only be given by a parent/guardian/adult with parental responsibility*.
4. If you are unable to complete the electronic consent form, please contact the relevant team for your child’s school on the telephone number overleaf.
The online consent form closes at 17.00 (5pm) 02/11/2021
1. Make a note of your school code: BW105738
2. Click on the following link: www.BWimmunisations.co.uk
2. Enter and confirm your preferred email address – you will receive a confirmation email following submission of the consent form.
3. Enter your school code: BW105738
4. Complete and submit the consent form, indicating your choice of consent – please ensure you provide your child’s registered address and GP.
* Parental responsibility consent includes: Mother; father named on the birth certificate or married to the mother; adult granted parental responsibility by the courts; adult with delegated authority consent (given by the Local Authority when children are on a care order).
If you do not want your child to have this vaccination, please still complete the online consent form following the steps overleaf indicating that you do not give your consent for the vaccination. The information helps us to plan and deliver the vaccination session in your child’s school.
If online consent is not completed and your child approaches the school-aged immunisation team expressing a wish to be vaccinated, we will assess your child’s ability to give their own consent. This may result in your child being vaccinated.
On the day of your child’s vaccination in school, your child will be given an information leaflet to take home and share with you.
If you give online consent for your child to have the COVID-19 vaccination and subsequently change your mind, please contact the school-aged immunisation team using the details below.
Details about your child’s vaccination will also be put on their health record and shared with their GP.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important information. Further information for parents about the COVID-19 vaccination programme for 12 to 15 year olds is available at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1018615/PHE_12073_COVID-19_parents_leaflet.pdf
Further information about the school-aged vaccination programme can be found on our NHS website, using this address: www.tiny.cc/imm. You can also visit the website by scanning the QR code below with your smartphone or tablet.
Our dedicated website also includes information about:
• How we use and protect your information and why we sometimes need to share your data
• The different school-aged vaccination programmes we deliver
• Patient information leaflets for the vaccines we use
• The precautions being taken to reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of Covid-19 during the vaccination sessions
• Updates to any planned delivery schedule we need to change at your child’s school
If you have any questions, please contact your local School-aged Immunisation Team using the details below.
School Nursing Service
Bridgewater Community Healthcare
Hollinwood Children’s Centre,
St Chads, Lime Green Parade,
Tel: 0161 470 4346 NHS Foundation Trust