“A boy of 12 collapsed and died after using ‘copious’ amounts of deodorant in a cramped bathroom, an inquest heard”. This was a sad but true event and there are many other examples in the press.
Many of our students and staff have breathing difficulties or allergies and can become very ill when deodorant and perfume is sprayed in their vicinity. For those with acute sensitivities, these products pose a serious health hazard. We are therefore adopting a zero tolerance on the use of sprays in school.
Students have been reminded to use alternative products (roll-on deodorants for example) and to leave sprays at home.
Could all parents help ensure this rule is followed and that sprays and aerosols are not purchased for use in school.
If a banned product is found, whether it is used on site or not, it will be confiscated and disposed of. We will assume the intention is to use it.
Thank you for your co-operation.