Initial Teacher Training at The Radclyffe School
We are currently accepting applications via the School Direct route for English Trainee Teachers. We are seeking to appoint motivated, conscientious and passionate applicants who have the ambition to become outstanding practitioners. The right candidate would be keen to get involved with the ethos and practices of our school life, work well within a team, enjoy learning, be an independent learner and demonstrate personal resilience.
School Direct is a post-graduate, school-led route into teaching. This means that (when compared to alternative routes) you will benefit from additional school experience to prepare you for your teaching career.
Why join us for your teacher training?
We believe there are many benefits to joining The Radclyffe School team for your training:
- We provide an exceptional opportunity for you to experience the school environment from the first day of the academic year and, with our support, you will spend approximately 25 weeks of the course experiencing and working in outstanding educational contexts.
- We are an Ofsted-rated Outstanding School and we are on a journey to ‘Beyond Outstanding’.
- Our staff training programme is based on sound educational research and aims to provide a range of high-quality professional learning opportunities throughout the year.
- Weekly staff training that is incorporated into the school timetable.
- You will be able to work alongside and be supported by experienced, outstanding teachers.
- Benefit from outstanding facilities in a purpose-built modern and inspirational environment.
- Our School Direct accredited provider is The University of Manchester, who are part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, rated as Outstanding by Ofsted and were named as the ‘Best university provider of postgraduate teacher training in the North of England’ (The Good Teacher Training Guide 2017).
- Upon the successful completion of this course you will be awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
The English Faculty at The Radclyffe School
Our English Faculty has many advantages, including:
- A plethora of different experience levels within the Faculty ranging from NQTs, RQTs to UPS3 and therefore staff with lots of experience to provide support. The majority of Faculty members have been ITT tutors so are well-versed in the support required for an SD placement/student.
- Our talent is reflected in that we have a number of specialists in learning and teaching who have taken advantage of the whole school commitment to providing opportunities for developing leadership and excellence, including Excellent Teachers, Lead Teachers and Advanced Skills Teachers
- We endeavour to embody our school ethos of ‘Working Together for Excellence’ and work collaboratively as a Faculty and FLT to ensure every Faculty member has a ‘voice,’ feels part of the decision-making process and feels entirely valued in the professional context.
- The English Faculty is outwardly-facing and seeks to work with a number of Outstanding institutions, across the North West to share expertise and ensure our student at The Radclyffe School are getting the very best education in English and therefore providing them with a curriculum which is high in challenge but also high in support to result in optimum outcomes.
- The results for the Faculty have been consistently strong and broadly inline with national and local averages, however, we are always looking to improve and positions ourselves as one of the strongest English faculties in the country.
- The Faculty is incredibly welcoming and we have toiled to create a genuine family atmosphere, inclusive of those who enter our Faculty on ITT programmes.
Following a School Direct Secondary English route of Initial Teacher Training provides you with the practical training and theoretical knowledge required to become an outstanding English teacher. Our School Direct Route of Initial Teacher Training is based at The Radclyffe School, with a shorter placement in a partner secondary school.
The Radclyffe School is an 11-16 Secondary school, while our partner schools are a mixture of 11-16 and 11-18 institutions.
Experience of working with children or other classroom-based experience would be advantageous.
For the right candidate we are willing to arrange school based experience at The Radclyffe School to give you the opportunity to familiarise yourself with school life and the classroom before the course starts.
Applications & Finance
For more information, see the Department for Education Teacher Training website (link coming soon).
Details of course fees and financial support are available using the link above and the Get Into Teaching website.
For more information, or to arrange a visit to our school, contact our ITT co-coordinator:
Tel: 0161 622 3200